Hello and welcome to Mindset Founders Online Community. Our mission at Mindset Founders to provide a safe, educational, and cooperative online community for early stage Founders from around the world who want to learn the Mindset of investors, how investors analyze deals, and how to create more meaningful engagements with their investor audience. Mindset Founders includes people from a wide range of cultures, languages, and experiences. This is a strength and an opportunity for all of us to learn. Please ask and explore, with an eye towards improved understanding and connection. We require a certain level of human behavior to keep Mindset Founders a welcoming, growing, respectful, safe, and civil community. Harassment, hate, fear mongering, or similar behavior will not be allowed. Any such actions will be dealt with quickly and decisively. Refusal to comply with guidance from a moderator or admin will result in being banned.
Even though it’s impossible to outline all the positive models and guidance for how we hope everyone will behave, here is a non-comprehensive list of some principles we hope to encourage and see in participants.
- Commenting On This Platform: To ensure that all members of Mindset Founders are able to see our important updates, we ask that you provide your comments / suggestions via the Suggestion Box found at the bottom of most pages throughout this platform.
- Be Inclusive: A person is a person, with a right to exist and to expect to be treated with respect.
- Be Respectful While Giving and Receiving Feedback: Direct and constructive feedback is helpful. Being mean isn’t. Give insight, not judgment. Everybody is learning. Listen if there’s a negative response to your words.
- Be Humble: We value expertise, but we also know that we grow in expertise by listening.
- Ask & Listen: Ask when you need to know something, and listen to the answers.
- Educate: Hear what’s being asked and share what you know for the asker’s benefit, not to promote yourself.
- Do Not Take Advantage: Though participants are committed to educating and helping, please be aware that this does not extend to others doing your work for you, or others being a resource for your personal or professional profit.
- Grow Personally and Professionally: This community is a great place to practice the values we promote in our work.
- Connect: We encourage everyone to get to know everyone. Encountering and accepting people from around the world can make us better.
- Be Nice: Before you react, think about how you’d feel to receive the comment you’re about to give.
Harassment: Simply put, we will not tolerate it. Harassment includes but is not limited to:
- Negative comments based on race, sex, sexuality, gender, nationality, neurotypicality, political affiliation, physical appearance, home life or history, disability — and remember that it’s not up to the speaker to dispute what is or isn’t offensive
- Threats of violence, physical or virtual
- Unwelcome sexual actions, insinuations, attentions, or remarks
- Attempts at intimidation
- Publishing personally identifying information
- Patronizing, micro-aggressive, or other belittling comments
- Disruption: Continued digressions, disruptions, and derailing of someone’s conversation when asked not to. This is up to moderator’s interpretation
- Don’t use the blue check mark by your name unless you’re a mod
- Intolerance: In addition to what has been listed under Harassment, this can include (but is not limited to) blacklisting or freezing out other members, demonstration of unwillingness to listen to someone due to any or other characteristics as listed above.
- Spamming: Do not post ads or promotions for your company/product/project/etc. Do not try to sell things, recruit customers, or harvest personal information.
- Using a spammy username. Which includes your company, what your do, or a CTA.
GRIEVANCE PROCESS/ACTIONS TO REMEDY
If you see or have experienced any unacceptable behavior, please contact a moderator as soon as you can via direct message. A moderator will let you know they’ve received your message, though be aware a response may not be immediate. (Responses are often decided after discussion among moderators.)
By default, a report or complaint will be kept anonymous to the community, though shared among moderators; if you want to remain anonymous to moderators other than the one you file a report with, please make that explicit in your initial report. In either case, we will not name reporters without consent, and even then try to avoid any mention of a reporter.
If a moderator contacts you and asks you to stop certain behavior, do so immediately. Failure to do so may result in the moderator banning you, at their discretion. If your behavior has drawn attention that requires a moderator contacting you, be aware that this will be remembered. Repeating the behavior that incurs warnings will result in banning. If you have been warned, then call out or personally attack another member whom you think reported you, you will be banned. Being banned is not up for appeal. Please, be nice. And with that said, we hope you enjoy. And thank you for joining the Mindset family!